This 12 months has undeniably been horrible for bitcoin (BTC) traders. But when it’s any consolation, some within the inventory market have suffered much more.
Whereas BTC is down about 52% year-to-date, quite a few corporations within the essential S&P 500 inventory index are in actual fact down considerably extra over the identical time interval.
In descending order, these are the shares within the S&P 500 that when it comes to year-to-date efficiency have carried out worse than BTC, per knowledge from TradingView’s inventory screener on the time of writing:
- Netflix (NFLX): down 71.8%
- Etsy (ETSY): down 67.4%
- Align Know-how (ALGN): down 62.9%
- PayPal (PAYPL): down 60.9%
- Caesars Leisure (CZR): down 57.6%
- Epam Programs (EPAM): down 57.5%
- Ceridian HCM Holding (CDAY): down 55%
- Moderna (MRNA): down 53.9%
- Tub and Physique Works (BBWI): down 52.9%.
As will be seen, there are nonetheless some traders who’re much more unfortunate than bitcoin holders.
Nonetheless, remember that the S&P 500 does include 500 corporations. And provided that we might solely discover 9 corporations that carried out worse than BTC, it’s secure to say that the majority within the inventory market have fared higher than bitcoin traders this 12 months.
Be taught extra:
– Bitcoin, Ethereum & Crypto Take a look at New Lows as Market Braces for Greater Charge Hike on Wednesday
– Crypto & Shares ‘Decoupling’ Prediction Flops however There’s Nonetheless Hope